Ladies, this is a urinal.This urinal is in our master bathroom.
I know this will make for some fun bloggin!
No really, when Kevin first mentioned he wanted a urinal I was like, "Yuck, no way!"
When we ladies see a urinal it sends an alarm to our brains that says, "RUN, you are in the men's room!" So, I had to get used to the idea and requested that it be put in our bathroom, not the guest bathroom.
Kevin claims it is a cleaner way to pee, no splash on the floor and no more leaving the seat up!!!!! And so far I already like it because when he pees, there is no sound.
During this remodel process, which began as a leak in the shower pan, we have had several curious neighbors stop by for a peek. One of the funniest comments about the urinal was, "Kevin, you are a god!" This neighbor loved the idea. Most people say things like, "Really? A urinal?" Or they just laugh.
What do you think my fellow bloggin friends?
By the way, our bathroom has turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. Kevin was the mastermind behind the planning and design. Well done Babe! You'd think I had something to do with this, but really, I let Kevin run with it. :)
Take a look at some pictures along the way. I did forget to take a picture of what our bathroom used to look like, oops.

This is during DEMO - things look pretty ugly behind drywall.
Here is some new framing for the tub and shower, etc.
This is what my bedroom has looked like for several months. Lots of dust and dirt and tools lying around. It was worth it, let me tell you, but it was not pretty.

And this is a dark picture of what our bathroom looks like now, except I didn't show half of it. I need to take another picture but you get the idea . . . it's really cool. I don't usually like to brag but I am very proud of Kevin and how nice it turned out!!!!
9 comments:
I love your new bathroom.... I am going to have to come up and see it for myself. I do have a question though.... Kev... will there be a curtain or doors around the shower part? that could be kinda cold without it and messy...
I thought the same thing stef! I dont mind the urinal, but i think most people just associate it with the mens room, which is usually dirty and stinky. It might take me awhile to get used to cleaning it? congrats on surviving a remodel!
I'm a big fan of the urinal. It'll save a lot of water. It's totally unnecessary to use 1.6 gallons per flush most of the time. Bravo Kevin!
Oh, and the bathroom is awesome. about a billion times better than it was before!
I love your bathroom!! Good job Kevin! I'm always amazed at how great Ben does when I let him 'run with it' too. Never what I would do on my own...but great nonetheless! I have no problem with the urinal but in my house I'd have to pass simply because I know it would just be one more nasty pee thing for me to clean! With 3 boys...no thank you! I could leave the job to Ben but then it would only get done like once a year! :)
I already have a rule that Mike has to clean the toilet if it is too nasty and pee stained so the urinal would be an improvement, and his to clean :)
I also have a friend whose parents had a pull down urinal in their living room, now that is gross!
I also like Brian's comment about water use. It makes a lot of sense. Maybe we will have to put one in our basement when we finish it...
The urinal is a great idea, but would take some getting accustomed to. Maybe easier for Grandpa to hit than the toilet. The bathroom looks great! Well done, Kevin!
wow, that's pretty awesome. I think its a great idea! I think every master bedroom should have one! oh, and the bathroom looks nice =)
Beautiful bathroom!! Doug is in agreeance, Kev is a man god!!!!
It is cool to save water, as long as you dont follow the rule of "if it's yellow let it mellow, and if it's brown flush it down".
Post a Comment