In sixth grade, there was this guy named Matt. He always teased me; I think he liked me in a sixth grade sort of way. Anyway, I remember him running up to me and saying, "you're like a gumball machine, five cents a blow!" And run away laughing. I didn't understand what the joke meant. And now I realize he didn't either.
I had a bad experience with ham in elementary school . . . I said I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!
No really, my neighbor Adam, decided it would suit him to take control of a situation he walked in upon. I was sitting at my counter with my dinner: Ham. I told my mom, "I don't like ham. I don't want to eat it Mom." Then Adam grabbed the ham off my plate and proceeded to force it into my mouth. I was so disgusted I swear I have never eaten ham since. Hmmmm. Adam, do you remember doing that to me???????????
We used to have a white cat named B.F. It stood for Butt Face. :) That's brothers for you.
I had to sell candy bars when I ran track in high school. I was my best customer. I must have eaten like two a day; the Carmelo was my fav. But I would eat the 1000 Grand if that was all that was left. Oh, then if they were all gone I would eat the almond chocolate bars. It's funny how when the bad stuff is left, it looks good. Kinda like the bad french fries you try to avoid in the beginning but then once the good ones are all eaten, those bad ones now look good, right down to the crispy ones.
Macaroni and Cheese reminds me of my friend Janie.
When I make guacamole, I often think of my college roommate Melanie. She put MAYO in hers. Yuck!
Now, just for fun, do you have any weird memories with me in them? Please be nice and don't reveal too much or I'll delete your comment! Ha!
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I can remember spending the night with you on many different occasions and you always woke up in such a good mood, refreshed and excited for the day..... at like 8AM!!!!! This NON morning person always wanted to deck you, but really, you always got my morning (even though it was WAY TOO EARLY) off to a happy start!
When I eat cookie dough I think of our CD days!
When we wrote notes in high school we rarely wrote normal notes... they were either in picture form (like on a game show where you have to figure out what is being said using picture clues) or we talked in code for the boys we liked or didnt like...ie PETER... HA! Or writing the whole thing backwards in cursive where you had to read it using the mirror.
Ahhhh good memories....
I'm in complete agreement. Mayo in guacamole is a horrifying idea.
Here's a couple for you:
On our way to high school every morning, we would rock out to Mary Chapin Carpenter! She rocked!
After lunch, when we were walking class, we would discuss whose legs were skinnier, not in a conceited way. I think we both hated our toothpick skinny legs. You totally win now. That sucks.
You are with me whenever I make cookie dough, or pancakes (picking lemons off your tree to sour the milk. There are SO many, but those are the most common I guess. Well, maybe mirrored doors with brass trim too. I can't pass one without checking for split ends :)
Road trip to Janie's with Dave & Debbie. Remember the vidoe we shot and the graveyard we played in? what were we thinking?
Post a Comment