What is a Pudger you ask? It WAS Madilyn's pacifer. We called it her "Plug." She named it her Pudger. Today became the day she doesn't have her Pudger anymore. We threw away the three we had. So far, it's 10pm and she is now asleep after crying for almost one hour. She only cried for 30 minutes at her nap time today, but only slept for one hour.
It is a little sad getting rid of her Pudger, but I think its best. I can't wait until after the weening is official, that is, no more crying at naps and bedtime, then I can be an offical "we got rid of the pacifier survivor!"
I want to give a shout out to Erin for recently weening her son and to Deanne for weening Sophia. You guys helped me prepare for this day. Phew.
Just for those curious, we didn't really have a strategy that took. We just talked to her all morning about how she is a big girl and how babies have Pudgers, not big girls. We tried taking her to the store to pick out a special stuffed animal to take to bed, but the toy she wanted was a stroller. Sorry Madilyn, no stroller! So we then dug in her closet and pulled out a stuffed animal that she probably had never seen and gave it to her. She didn't care about it. Sooooo, I would describe our strategy as Cold Turkey. No binkie fairy, no throwing it away ceremony, just cold turkey. :)
Monday, June 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay Meg! I'm so proud of you! Just make sure you and Kevin are on the same page. I just found out that Geric has been giving Caden his binkie when he's with them while I'm at work. He said it's the only way to get him to go to sleep. Ay! All my hard work down the drain!!!
they should sell a pacifier with a small battery in the handle that zaps the kid every so often. soon the kid associates the thing with pain and doesn't want it any more. man, I should really be a parent. all these good ideas just go to waste. ;)
Ahhh... I miss the days of Nate having his Ni-Nee. :(
He only takes about 10% of the naps he used to.
Ahhh... those were the days.
Hi Guys, thanks for the support!
Kevin has been the backbone of this whole operation and I wouldn't be doing it "yet" without his help. So far, day tues is over and it went very well. She did not cry last night ONE PEEP!
And she woke up in a great mood.
Yeah!
There were more than a few times when Aubrey went to sleep with her stroller in her crib with her. I know it's crazy, but sometimes...
Good for you with the paci thing. I have a 1 year old thumb sucker (only with blankie in bed) but I am NOT looking forward to stopping it.
Post a Comment