There is this new thing called a meme that is basically a chain letter for blogs.I have to write 8 random facts about myself and then tag 8 more people to write about themselves.The rules1. I have to list the rules first.2. They need to be 8 random facts3. I need to tag 8 people at the end.4. Each person I tag needs to blog 8 facts about themselves.5. Don't forget to let the tagged people know they have been tagged.
OK Alyssa, you suck. By the way, how did you know I am a closet lurker. Weird.
Fact #1: I love to hunt which anyone who knows me knows. But I bet you didn't know that when I was a kid, I loved animals and that one time I cried when my cousin in Texas killed one of my pet minnows that I had saved from certain doom at a recent fishing trip.
Fact #2: Loyalty is very important to me with my guy friends. If I can't count on, or trust that you will be there when I need it, I probrably won't invest in that relationship. I know it's harsh but that is just how I am.
Fact#3: I love to pick at the skin around my fingers when I drive. I think it might be a nervous habit or something. The nasty thing about it (besides my bloody fingers) is that I throw all the skin pieces on the drivers side floor mat. After about 3 weeks of not taking the car to be washed, the floor mat looks like the cuticle grave from hell. I always feel weird when I actually do take the car it to be cleaned because I always wonder if the guy with the vacuum notices the nasty skin display.
Fact#4: I don't work out. I know, I know it is hard to tell by my chisled physique, but it is true. I am all natural. (I'm sure most of you detected the slight hint of sarcasm in that one. I couldn't think of a real fact so I thought I could at least get a laugh out of you).
Fact#5: I am very competitive and hate ( I mean hate to lose). It doesn't matter if I am playing basketball, poker or a stupid board game. But even worse, I hate when people know I am mad when I do lose, so I put on this fake facade that I don't care or that I am happy for the other person/team so they don't know I am upset, even though deap inside I want to poke my eyes out with a fork. I have met a few people who challenge me in the extremely competitive department: Sam Taylor (The guy who can beat me in every sport), Jen Corbett (The Nerts Nazi), Mikaela Ayala (The Apples to Apples Bully). Thanks you guys for making me feel normal.
Fact#6: Sticking to the whole competitve thing. I can't beat Megan in checkers. And I don't mean that she beats me a lot of the time, I mean I have never won in a game of checkers with Megan. I can't figure it out. I mean I am trying my hardest and she just woops on me like a two year old. It is actually frustrating as hell and I'm already upset just writing about it.
Fact#7: I sing and dance with my daughter all the time. My favorite song that I have for Madilyn is Baby Blue by George Straight. I like the song because my nickname for Madilyn is Baby Blue. I hold her in my arms and sing the song to her and everytime, no matter how hard I try not to, I cry like a little baby. It's weird but I just can't help it, I love that girl so much.
Fact#8: This one Megan doesn't even know. We have our second child on the way, and even though I profess that I actually want the baby to be a girl, deep down I really want a boy. Ever since I saw Ben and Kelan shooting BB guns together at a recent camping trip, I can't get the idea of having a son out of my head. I intensionally say that I want a girl or that I don't care what sex the baby is because I am trying to do this reverse psychology thing with God. You see, the first time we were pregnant, I let it be known that I wanted a boy and God gave me a girl. This time, I intensionally thought, if I pretend I want a girl maybe God will give me a boy. I know it is stupid because God knows the desires of my heart, but I keep thinking that it's worth a shot!
Random Fact about Megan that she neglected to tell you: Her farts stink to high heaven. It is truly hard to imagine how such a putrid smell can come from someone so pretty and sweet but it is true. Sorry Meg, but I just had to get that off my chest.
I hope you all got a few laughs out of this, especially because I know I will be sleeping on the couch once Megan reads it.
Friday, August 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holy Crap! Megan, I hope you whoop him good for doggin you on your own blog.
Kevin, get Megan to scoot her chair back when she's driving, I worry about her EVERY time I'm in the car now.
Those were some awesome facts... I love the finger picking car one!!!! Thats my favorite :)
On the checkers thing... if you ever win, declare it the world championship and never play her again. That's how I hold the title in Chess around here. I tried it in ping pong too, but I just love the game too much to stop.
Congrats on the new pregnancy. When we found out we were having another girl my husband said he couldn't be happier to find out we were having another girl. It would have been a different happy to find out it was a boy though, thrilled in fact! Now that our daughter is here, I couldn't imagine it being any other way. I guess God knew we wanted to use all those cute clothes again!
Well, the cuticle thing must be hereditary. I've always had that problem too. Recently, I've been getting a regular manicure. And it has kept me from doing it ...prolly because they look so nice, and I paid for it...I don't want to screw it up. I suppose you could try that...w/o the nail polish. p.s. Hand massage feels as good as foot massage.
Also...I know a lot of girls that are good shots. No reason you can take them girls bb gun shootin'.
Post a Comment