Sunday, April 15, 2007

Madi's First Birthday Party


Madilyn's First Birthday was a lot of fun. It was my first real party that I planned myself!!! I even made the cake and decorated it myself! :) One person asked where I bought the cake and I said, I MADE IT! :)
Madilyn's party didn't have a theme except lavender.
Madilyn had fun except she did get a little fussy towards the end because she was tired and ready for a nap!!! She loves balloons so I had a ton of balloons. I set them up the night before so when she woke up and we walked into the family room, she looked all around, pointed and got excited!!! It was just the reaction I was hoping for.




Here is a picture of my mom (Grandma Baba's). Kelan, my nephew, has a hard time saying Barbara so I refer to my Mom as Kelan's pronunciation for Madilyn.
Madilyn has two Grandmas and Three Great Grandmas. She is so lucky and so loved.


And here's the fam. My niece took this picture from her height, thanks Cassidy for the photo!











This is the end of the night. I watched my two Nephews for my bro Ben who went with his wife Alyssa (and my other bro Ryan and his wife Anita) to the Laker game (which they won).

Bath time is so much fun. Madilyn was the most active in the tub, splashing around and being loud. I pegged Gavin with that sort of energy but he was the quietest.

And lastly, here is Madilyn's 12 month picture I took of her.
I cannot believe our daughter is ONE. She is so big and I love her more each day. I still look forward to the morning when she wakes up and brightens my day!











8 comments:

Rachel said...

That is a great cake! Aubrey's first birthday was without a theme too. I had zoo pals plates, does that count? Your mom looks great by the way!

Kim said...

Your cake looks great! :) On Zachary's first birthday (he just turned 8 last week), I made his cake too! Not only has that turned into a tradition, but also a true passion and hobby of mine. To this day I have yet to take a decorating class, I am self taught, so far! My sister and I are going to take one soon though!

The Houghton's said...

Your baby girl is no officially a toddler! Wow how time flies! She's beautiful! Sooo cute!

The Corbett's said...

That cake is beautiful!! I think you might have found another business to run from home :)

The Cavanaugh's said...

Thanks for watching the boys!! I think Jen is right...maybe I'll just hire you to make Kelan's next cake! :)

Carrie said...

I love that you made her cake! I've made it a tradition to make the kids' birthday cakes each year. It makes it more special. Happy Birthday, sweet little Madilyn!

Stef said...

Meg... the cake turned out AWESOME!!! Happy birthday Madi!!!

psmith said...

That 1 year photo is precious! What a cutie! AWESOME cake...Megan! You rock!