Wednesday, August 12, 2009

One word


I had the privilege of being the second shooter with my friend Tara at a wedding recently. The couple got married in a church . . . and I noticed this rock. Forgive. That is a great one-word advice for a newly married couple. Forgive your spouse for letting the alarm clock buzz every seven minutes for an hour, forgive your spouse when a check bounces (because it will happen to you too), and forgive your spouse for leaving the pool hose on and overflowing the pool twice!
Seriously though, forgiveness is an underestimated action that can bring ultimate happiness to a marriage. I think the opposite of forgiveness is resentment. If you hold in frustrations or hurt feelings, they just build and build a little each day. In order to protect your marriage, each wife and husband must CHOOSE to forgive their spouse for their mistakes and CHOOSE to remember all the good qualities you love about them. So, none of this is for personal reasons, I just think Forgiveness is a wonderful tool for marriage. :)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So true! What a great reminder.