People. Computers will fail you. Don't EVER say to yourself, if will never happen to me.
Back up your entire hard drive on an external hard drive regularly.
About a week ago our computer did something like a "crash." We were able to retrieve everything after sweat and hours on the phone with Dell.
One of my friend's hard drive crashed several weeks ago and that didn't even scare me enough to go home and back up everything. I still thought, poor her, it won't happen to me.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's great to back up to an external hard drive. But you might want to consider backing up to an "off-site" location, like a web service called Mozy. I was backing up to an external HD and a friend asked me what I would do if our house burned down while we weren't home. Hmm... hard drive wouldn't do much good then... :) So with Mozy, you get 2GB of backup space free. (You can pay $5/mo. for unlimited.) Just thought I'd suggest it to you.
If you sign up through my link I get an extra gig of space. :)
https://mozy.com/?ref=JCVUPI
Have a great week!
Thanks Nicole, great idea. I'll look into it!!!
It happened to us too. We were able to get pictures back and what not (after weeks of help)but we lost the edited version of our wedding video and a video Mike made after Aubrey was born. Luckily we had a copy on a disk of both, but not the capability to do anything else with it again. Mike also lost all his I Tunes, but not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.
I'm glad you were able to get everything back!
Post a Comment