Monday, April 20, 2009

Some thoughts by Megan

You know I don't blog much, but think of things to blog all the time.
Here are some things I think about blogging, but each in themselves, aren't enough, so here's the clump:

1. I love shade. Running a half marathon on sunday in redlands was HILLY, no MOUNTAINOUS, but I was thankful Got made big trees that could shade me while I was running on the hills/mountains he also made!

2. I went to Costco to buy Dole Mandarin Oranges (an eight pack for $7.69) but I passed the real fruit area and noticed the bag of tangerines, aren't they the same, for only $5.59! So I bought natural/real fruit for my girls, big pat on my back! :) I also saved money and got more for it!

3. I lost my addiction for IN-N-Out. Well, let me explain. I have loved this place for many years . . . and in recent years I've thought of giving things up for Lent, though I am not Catholic, I do like sacrificing in rememberance of Easter and what God/Jesus did on the cross for all of us, so last year, I didn't give up anything, I couldn't think of anything! But, after Easter passed, I realized there is ONE thing that I cannot live without, and that is IN-N-Out! So, almost a whole year of prepping myself for Lent Season and it arrived. I told some people before hand just so I would actually do it . . . then days before Lent started, I lost the craving! :) So, over 40 days or what not and I did not have In-N-Out. Kevin strangely had it A LOT, three times a week. It was weird. Yes I cook, he eats it for lunch when he's "in the field." :) So, anyhoo, this is turning into a really long blog. :) Soooo, IN-N-Out is closed on Easter so I planned to go on Monday for dinner with my fam. So we went. I wasn't hungry (I had eaten five pounds of candy all day long, left over from Easter) but we had to go, it was dinner time. I ate it. The fries were pleasantly cooked perfectly, just the way I like them. But I wasn't feelin' it. It's been a whole week and I haven't had it again. Don't get me wrong, I think IN-N-Out is the bomb . . . but I am just saying, my addiction is gone. See, so I wasn't trying to get rid of my addiction, but it happened. :)

4. Number three was enough for tonight. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I like when you share your thoughts. I'm also impressed that you kicked the In-N-Out habit! That is no minor feat! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Erin said...

Meg, you're so cute! I love your thoughts! :) And be careful with those tangerines. Eat 'em quick. I bought the same box and half of them went bad before we had a chance to eat them. :(

The Cavanaugh's said...

I love shade too!!! I went on a 10 mile run this morning and it was so nice and cool. What happened last week? Lets run long next weekend!!! We're going to be fast in June!! :)