Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TRI TIP Sandwiches (and apple picking)

My siblings and their families joined my cousin Dave and his fam up in Oak Glen to pick some apples. The highlight of the day for me was the awesome Tri-Tip Sandwich I waited an hour and 20 minutes for. We all had to wait that long, but when I took my first bite, I new the wait was worth it! Just a small note for all you city-dwellers interested in coming up to the "country" for some apple picking . . . your cell phone will not work while you are there. . . Anyhoo, after apple picking we went to Ben's house for his famous Spicy Beef stuff. It was quite tasty!



This is the Gavin-Man. I think he thought I couldn't see him. So cute!



This is one of the beautiful apples Madilyn picked! She loves apples.



While we waited one hour and 20 minutes for lunch, the moms kept the kids busy with bubbles, and running around the grass field. It was fun.


Madilyn found Flowers.


And finally, picking apples began. I went up to madilyn to see her apples, and she proudly showed me her bag full of ONE apple. :)


Here is Madilyn picking an apple from the smallest tree I've seen.


Ryan and Delilah just ran around the fields while the rest of the group pick some apples.


Here's Ben bbqing his secret recipe beef . . . he welcomed anyone to taste test it right off the grill. I did and whoo-weee it was spicy!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Man, you Cavanaughs make some cute kiddos! I need to take Caden up there before apple picking season is over. He would love that!